Best known simply as “Jo,” Joann Mignano has over 20 years of public relations and marketing experience at prominent agencies with clients as dedicated to her as she is to them. Mignano’s celebrity clients have followed her throughout the years, not only because she’s an exceptional publicist, but because she’s like family to them.
At the beginning of 2017, Mignano made her dream a reality starting J MIGS PUBLIC RELATIONS bringing clients like Mike Tyson, Boyz II Men, Joey Fatone and more with her. Also signed new clients like ESPN Personality Jay Williams, TV personality and author Vinny Guadagnino, NASCAR champion, Kurt Busch and his wife, polo player Ashley Busch. Prior to starting her own agency, she served as an Account Manager at Krupp Kommunications, Inc. (K2) for over six years, where she led the Entertainment Division managing individual personalities and providing senior leadership with client integration and national media outreach.
Her clients have included the undisputed heavy weight champion turned entertainer, Mike Tyson, music legends like the best-selling R&B group of all time, Boyz II Men, Grammy Award-winners, All-4-One and The Jacksons, and reality stars like Poison, “Celebrity Apprentice,” and “Rock of Love Star, ”Bret Michaels, MTV phenomenon Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola from “Jersey Shore,” and the stars of truTV’s top show Les and Seth Gold of “Hardcore Pawn,” and iconic radio personality like Angie Martinez.
In the summer of 2009 she served as the Vice President of Entertainment & Lifestyle at FYI Public Relations—New York where she developed publicity campaigns for Mike Tyson, Fabulous, Super producer Sean Garrett, Michael Kenneth Williams, Jason Derulo, among others. Prior to FYI, Mignano was an Senior Account Executive at PMK/HBH—New York where she managed and expanded the sports division with clients such as Amanda Beard, Nastia Luikin, Ryan Lochte and Shawne Merriman. She also developed publicity campaigns for Rosie O’Donnell, internationally renowned singer, Delta Goodrem, singer/songwriter Taylor Dayne, Adrienne Bailon, Tony nominated actress Orfeh and others. Mignano began her career at Momentum World Wide working with corporate clients like American Express and Best Buy.
Known for her creative and compelling campaigns on behalf of all her clients, Mignano has made a name for herself throughout all pockets of the industry. She shrewdly utilizes all possible angles to maximize publicity and ensures success for her clients. She is resourceful, creative and most of all relentless in pursuit of excellence for her clients.
Mignano exemplifies the notion of always going above and beyond for her clients—whether it’s getting them their dream booking or placement, building their brand, planning a pitch-perfect event, or building an ever-growing catalogue of media contacts. She sets the gold standard for celebrity publicists everywhere.
Currently, Mignano resides in Palm City, FL with her son.
Top Career Accomplishments:
· Successfully catapulted Bret Michaels back into the spotlight following his stint on “Rock of Love” and “Celebrity Apprentice.” Managed and orchestrated the deluge of press following his 2010 brain hemorrhage. Has secured the kind of press that has transitioned Bret’s public personal beyond just a rocker and has helped to redefined him as a health icon, entrepreneur, family man and motivational figure.
· Launch major campaigns for a variety of artists from Jason Derulo to Iyaz to Boyz II Men’s 2011 Twentieth Anniversary to the Jacksons’ hotly anticipated 2012 Unity Tour to New Edition’s All Six Tour.
· Managed press for Mike Tyson’s career defining 2012 one man show, “Mike Tyson: The Undisputed Truth” along with the New York Times bestselling book that followed his stint on Broadway. The show has toured all over the US. and overseas. He had a successful residency at the MGM in Vegas.
· Has orchestrated publicity campaigns for break out New York Times bestsellers, such as 2011’s Go the F**k to Sleep.”
· Assisted Boyz II Men in receiving their long-awaited star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (January 2012).
· Secured a dream placement for the Grammy Award-winning group, All-4-One, on ABC’s hit TV show “The Bachelorette,” to help celebrate 20 years in the music industry.
· Continues to keep R&B group, Boyz II Men relevant utilizing Wanya Morris’ success on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” (season 22) to garner media attention and promote their residency at The Mirage in Las Vegas and their 25 year anniversary (September 2016).
· Brought radio icon, Angie Martinez, from being “The Voice of New York,” to a national personality following the switch from her home of Hot 97 to iHeartRadio’s Power 105.1. She has worked on Martinez’s Healthy Latin Eating cookbook and recent memoir, My Voice, which became an instant New York Times bestseller.
· Took Siggy Flicker from VH1’s “Why Am I Still Single?,” to a relationship expert with a book, "Write Your Own Fairy Tale" to a reality star on Bravo’s “Real Housewives of New Jersey.”
· Shared ESPN host, Jay Williams’, story with the world and helped make his book, Life Is Not An Accident and New York Times bestseller with strategically placed national and regional media.
· Secured national and international media for Mike Tyson's, return to boxing after 15 years in exhibition fight against Roy Jones Jr.
· Secured national press for Taylor Dayne, after her reveal on the Fox hit show The Masked Singer season 4 as PopCorn making it to the final top six.
· Secured Vinny Guadagnino, on the Fox hit show The Masked Dancer Season 1 as Hammerhead making it to the final top six. After his reveal, as fan favorite Hammerhead, secured press EW, The Wrap, Variety, and More.
· Shared with the world Dacia James Lewis, story and self published book "The Game Of Life: Releasing the Weight When God Says Wait". Secured press such as CNN, Us Weekly, BNC, Daily Mail TV, as well as becoming the Top 50 in her category on amazon.
· Secured National Press for Bravo star from Below Deck Mediterranean Bugsy Drake, and her new book "The Art of Tablescaping".