Joann Mignano, best known as "Jo", has over 20 years of public relations and marketing experience at several prominent agencies with a loyal and dedicated client roster. Mignano’s celebrity clients have followed her throughout the years, due to her exceptional skillset as a publicist and her prowess for navigating media.
At the beginning of 2017, Mignano branched out independently and opened her eponymous new venture, J MIGS PUBLIC RELATIONS. And her clients, Mike Tyson, Boyz II Men, Joey Fatone and more followed. To kick-off her new company, she quickly added rising country music star Baylee Littrell, former MLB Player Johnny Damon, ESPN personality Jay Williams, author, tv personality and famed "Jersey Shore's" Vinny Guadagnino.
Prior to starting her own agency, she served as an Account Manager at Krupp Kommunications, Inc. (K2) for over six years, where she led the Entertainment Division managing individual personalities and providing senior leadership with client integration and national media outreach. Her clients have included: the undisputed heavy weight champion turned entertainer, Mike Tyson; music legends and best-selling R&B group of all time, Boyz II Men; Grammy Award-winners, All-4-One and The Jacksons; along with musician turned personality Bret Michaels from Poison, “Celebrity Apprentice,” and “Rock of Love Star; Psychotherapist, Author, TV and Radio Host Dr, Jenn Mann; MTV phenomenon Sammi “Sweetheart” Giancola from “Jersey Shore", and the stars of truTV’s top show Les and Seth Gold of “Hardcore Pawn”; and iconic radio personality and "The Voice of New York" Angie Martinez.
In the summer of 2009 she served as the Vice President of Entertainment & Lifestyle at FYI Public Relations—New York where she developed publicity campaigns for Mike Tyson, Fabulous, Super producer Sean Garrett, Michael Kenneth Williams, Jason Derulo, among others. Prior to FYI, Mignano was a Senior Account Executive at PMK/HBH—New York where she managed and expanded the sports division with clients such as Amanda Beard, Nastia Luikin, Ryan Lochte and Shawne Merriman. While also developing publicity campaigns for Rosie O’Donnell, internationally renowned singer, Delta Goodrem, singer/songwriter Taylor Dayne, Adrienne Bailon, TONY nominated actress Orfeh and Andy Karl, amongst others. Mignano began her career at Momentum WorldWide working with corporate clients like American Express and Best Buy.
Known for her creative and compelling campaigns for all of her clients, Mignano has solidified herself in the industry. She astutely utilizes all angles to maximize publicity and ensures success for her clients. She is resourceful, creative and most of all relentless in the pursuit of excellence for her clients.
Mignano exemplifies the notion of always going above and beyond for her clients—whether it’s getting them their dream booking or placement, building their brand, planning a pitch-perfect event, or building an ever-growing catalog of media contacts, she sets the gold standard for celebrity publicists everywhere.
Jo was featured in Stuart Magazine featured as the publicist with star power for the December 2022 issue, and Jupiter Magazine December 2022 issue.
Mignano currently resides in Palm City, FL with her son.
· Successfully catapulted Bret Michaels back into the spotlight following his stint on “Rock of Love” and “Celebrity Apprentice.” Managed and orchestrated the deluge of press following his 2010 brain hemorrhage. Has secured the kind of press that has transitioned Bret’s public persona beyond just a rocker and has helped to redefine him as a health icon, entrepreneur, family man and motivational figure.
· Launch major campaigns for a variety of artists from Jason Derulo to Iyaz to Boyz II Men’s 2011 Twentieth Anniversary to the Jacksons’ hotly anticipated 2012 Unity Tour to New Edition’s All Six Tour.
· Managed press for Mike Tyson’s career defining 2012 one man show, “Mike Tyson: The Undisputed Truth” along with the New York Times bestselling book that followed his stint on Broadway. The show has toured all over the US. and overseas. He had a successful residency at the MGM in Vegas.
· Has orchestrated publicity campaigns for break out New York Times bestsellers, such as 2011’s Go the F**k to Sleep.”
· Assisted Boyz II Men in receiving their long-awaited star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (January 2012).
· Secured a dream placement for the Grammy Award-winning group, All-4-One, on ABC’s hit TV show “The Bachelorette,” to help celebrate 20 years in the music industry.
· Continues to keep R&B group Boyz II Men relevant utilizing Wanya Morris’ success on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” (season 22) to garner media attention and promote their residency at The Mirage in Las Vegas and their 25 year anniversary (September 2016).
· Brought radio icon, Angie Martinez, from being “The Voice of New York,” to a national personality following the switch from her home of Hot 97 to iHeartRadio’s Power 105.1. She has worked on Martinez’s Healthy Latin Eating cookbook and recent memoir, My Voice, which became an instant New York Times bestseller.
· Took Siggy Flicker from VH1’s “Why Am I Still Single?,” to a relationship expert with a book, “Write Your Own Fairy Tale” to a reality star on Bravo’s “Real Housewives of New Jersey.”
· Shared ESPN host, Jay Williams’, story with the world and helped make his book, Life Is Not An Accident and New York Times bestseller with strategically placed national and regional media.
· Secured national and international media for Mike Tyson's return to boxing after 15 years in an exhibition fight against Roy Jones Jr.
· Secured national press for Taylor Dayne, after her reveal on the Fox hit show The Masked Singer season 4 as PopCorn making it to the final top six.
· Secured Vinny Guadagnino, on the Fox hit show The Masked Dancer Season 1 as Hammerhead making it to the final top six. After his reveal, as fan favorite Hammerhead, secured press EW, The Wrap, Variety, and More.
· Shared with the world Dacia James Lewis, story and self published book "The Game Of Life: Releasing the Weight When God Says Wait". Secured press such as CNN, Us Weekly, BNC, Daily Mail TV, as well as becoming the Top 50 in her category on amazon.
· Secured National Press for Bravo star from Below Deck Mediterranean Bugsy Drake, and her new book "The Art of Tablescaping".